NYCichlids.net

Setting up a new Tank and need help or advice, start a post here.

Re: Arowana/Tanganyikan tank?

Postby jerrytheplater » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Somehow I forgot to put up the link to the follow up video I took April 26, 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8NU5rA ... re=related
jerrytheplater

Zip Code: 07403 - 07501

Postby dsap92 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 pm

those Leliupi et pretty high in the water column. Do they ever get picked off?
dsap92

Postby jerrytheplater » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Don

My friend has told me the leleupi are getting picked off as they go up to feed. I have a new batch to bring to him once he gets back from Africa. I will take a video at that time too.
jerrytheplater

Postby jerrytheplater » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 pm

I still have the batch of leleupi here at home and never brought it over to my friend. I am hoping to tear the tank apart tomorrow and get out the fry to bring over. They are getting way too big and may spawn.

Tonight I brought him about 15 Julidochromis regani Kipili that were stunted from a tank at work. All of them made it to the bottom of the tank. The Jardini did go looking down at the bottom of the tank after some of them. That was a little surprising. If anyone wants to buy the Jardini it is for sale. It is getting too mean and is attacking his other Arowanas.

One of the Julies must be a female because it is one of the biggest in the batch. It went to the cave occupied by one of the three remaining lelupi's and immediately kicked it out with gills flaring and all fins erect. I suggested he add a few more caves if he wants to see the spawns, which he does. His wife was there and really liked the fish. They just had a baby a month ago or so, so their life has changed.

I bought my friend 20 more Multies last Saturday at Spooky's house. Those have all settled in to the shell bed along the front of the tank. I saw one that was at least 3 shells down in the bed. I couldn't see how it could get down there.
jerrytheplater

Postby jerrytheplater » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 am

I took a video back on May 7th, 2012 and never posted it up here. I brought my friend some more N. leleupi and Julidochromis regani Kipili. One gets eaten by his Jardini at the bottom of the tank. This was surprising to us all as they normally don't feed at the bottom. The video is still uploading to YouTube as I type, but this is the link to it. I have not really asked about this tank since taking the video. My friend had a major job change during this time and this tank was not a priority. I don't know if he still has the Jardini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBlEVfo- ... e=youtu.be
jerrytheplater

Postby Josef » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 am

I really like that jerry! :thumbs_up_smiley:
Josef

Postby jerrytheplater » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:59 pm

My friend has gotten rid of all his Arowana's. This tank is now a community tank. One pair of the leleupi survived and spawned at least 4 times. Fry always got eaten by other fish. I forgot to ask him about the Multies he put in there. Don't know how they are doing.

I asked my friend if he'd give me back this pair of leleupi so I could try to breed them. I really liked the orange color these fish have. They are my last chance to reclaim this line of fish I've been keeping for multiple generations. I am getting a tank ready for them. He will try to catch them starting next Monday. We don't want to do it over Thanksgiving Holiday.
jerrytheplater

Previous

Return to Setting Up A New Tank