NYCichlids.net

Whether they have numbers or names you'll find them here.

Re: Albino Calico BNP , I finaly got some fry

Postby vinman » Tue May 28, 2013 6:52 pm

there are many forms of albinism. A true albino is very rare, most albinos are Amelanistic there is also TYROSINASE positive and TYROSINASE negitive albinos.

The truth these may not look anything different than a normal albino when they are adults. I might have to do some line breeding to bring out the orange color
vinman
NYCichlidforum Gold Member

Zip Code: 10461

Postby #1 Cichlids » Tue May 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Rob I'm not being mean it is the truth he is not grasping the genticts,. I want him to stick around a learn about genticts. That is a big problem in the fish hobby not many hobbiest understand genticts
Over the year's of talking genetics' on forums can lead to arguments vin.Not saying that your trying to start one.The impression on the way you expressed your wording was touchy as well.It's your thread and im in no way trying to instigate or talk on nls .This is a thread on pleco's. Gl with your project vin..
Water changes are a fish best friend Cichlid Power!!!
#1 Cichlids
NYCichlidforum Addict
NYCichlidforum Addict

Zip Code: NYC

Postby #1 Cichlids » Tue May 28, 2013 7:40 pm

All due respect.I dont give a F what he is saying.My fish like the NLS ill keep feeding it.But each there own.Im not ranting here or try to be talk down to.Im good with my food vinman
All due respect.Cool in the shade and drink a little lemonade.Feed what you wish with out all that :thumbsup:
Water changes are a fish best friend Cichlid Power!!!
#1 Cichlids
NYCichlidforum Addict
NYCichlidforum Addict

Zip Code: NYC

Postby vinman » Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

#1 Cichlids wrote:
Rob I'm not being mean it is the truth he is not grasping the genticts,. I want him to stick around a learn about genticts. That is a big problem in the fish hobby not many hobbiest understand genticts
Over the year's of talking genetics' on forums can lead to arguments vin.Not saying that your trying to start one.The impression on the way you expressed your wording was touchy as well.It's your thread and im in no way trying to instigate or talk on nls .This is a thread on pleco's. Gl with your project vin..

no Rob I was not saying that either I was just saying that I did not mean what I said as a insult to Mike. Sorry to Mike and the forum if I was out of line.
vinman

Postby ash78 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 am

#1 Cichlids wrote:
All due respect.I dont give a F what he is saying.My fish like the NLS ill keep feeding it.But each there own.Im not ranting here or try to be talk down to.Im good with my food vinman
All due respect.Cool in the shade and drink a little lemonade.Feed what you wish with out all that :thumbsup:

Cool Bro :thumbsup:
ash78

Postby ash78 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm

vinman wrote:
#1 Cichlids wrote:

no Rob I was not saying that either I was just saying that I did not mean what I said as a insult to Mike. Sorry to Mike and the forum if I was out of line.

If you don’t mind me asking.I try to not pay no mind to this.Like to be cool with everyone.What in the world you was trying to say vinman with a apology to add.You make no sense Bro.
ash78

Postby vinman » Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

ash78 No one was talking to you I was talking to Mike and Rob,so please stop trying to start trouble.

Now can we go back to topic.
vinman

Postby vinman » Thu May 30, 2013 5:19 pm

5/29 My long fined male bred with a few females I'm hoping he has the albino gene so I will have albino LF Calico Albinos :drool:
vinman

Postby vinman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Had a wipe out in that tank . Only 5 fish survived. I'm so glad I put a bunch or the Albino Calico's in another tank and a male LF calico possibly caring the albino gene in another tank with my super reds.

Here is a the largest male from one of the first clutches. He also has nice color. They vary in color . I have not had a chance to line breed the albinos for color. He has the similar pattern as the albino but displays a deep orange color.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vinman

Previous

Return to Plecostomus